Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Hobby?

My mom always made me clothes as a little girl and made masterpiece quilts. I've made one quilt and it was nothing fancy schmancy, just plain old squares with a nice little border. I was proud of myself to start somewhere. After that project though, I never found myself wanting to branch out any more. I stitched up the bottom of my pants that had come undone and frayed, but that was about the best of my ability. I recently bought this adorable book to enhance my skills and give me a new hobby. I give thanks to my amazing Relief Society women for helping me find this inner want to make new, fashionable, homemade clothing. I'm thinking a new chic wardrobe is what I need! Off to the fabric store I go! I might need a few buddies.. any takers??



2 comments:

  1. hey didnt know you had a blog as well!! That's awesome I will add you to my reading list!

    Glad you enjoyed the activity...unfortunately I couldnt make it.Looks like I missed out :(

    As for the chicken rolls recipe I will post it tomorrow on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had known. i have been a few times now to the fabric store! hopefully you are coming tonight to the skirt making! cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete